Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
St. Augustine and the surrounding areas are so beautiful largely because we have so many beautiful areas that are either on or surrounded by water. That water however can cause serious damage especially during a storm. It is always important to know and recognize and prepare if your home is in a flood zone.
Maybe your water issue is not caused by your outside surroundings, but by something inside of your home. Either way safety should always be your first concern. When it comes to broken pipes, water lines, hot water heaters, and overflowing toilets, SERVPRO of St. Augustine has you covered.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (904) 829-0665
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.